Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Top Ten Authors/Books if you like C. S. Lewis/The Chronicles of Narnia



1. C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy! (better named The Ransom Trilogy)

2. J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings 


3. Madeline L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series


4. Charlie W. Starr's King Lesserlight's Crown: A Children's Story for Grownups, Too. Read it. You won't be sorry. (There's a flying moose!)

5. Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince

6. George MacDonald - I started reading MacDonald because of C. S. Lewis. Lewis described MacDonald's Phantastes as having "baptized his imagination". I didn't really get it or like it that much the first time I read it. But after re-reading it a few times, I now rather enjoy Phantastes.

7. Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the follow up - The Lost Heroes of Olympus


8. J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series


9. E. Nesbit was another Author I discovered because of C. S. Lewis - he said Nesbit was a favorite of his when he was a child. And he retained a fondness for those tales.


10. Brian Jacques' Redwall Series - These books captivated me when I discovered them in 6th grade.



For future Top Ten Tuesday topics and info on how to participate, click here!


No comments: